Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
B

braneo

Accepted Solution
Ring Floodlight has started to Strobe/Flicker
hardwired-security-cameras
negative-feedback
cs-support
Ring Floodlight has recently started to strobe/flicker. There have been no changes to the wiring, location or anything over the couple years that we have had it installed. There have not been any issues relative to temperature that would cause any issues either as this is the first time in the couple years of installation that we are having problems. Lights are no longer usable as the strobe is an annoyance to not only our neighbors but us as well. Are there any replacements parts that can be provided? Please help

04-08-2021 01:21:58

Responses (54)

C
Accepted Solution

Hi @braneo. You may want to try a quick reset and fresh setup on the Floodlight Cam to see if this resolves the flickering you're experiencing. You can reset the Cam by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that's done, you'll just want to set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device and then test it out. If the flickering persists, as @trail-explorer recommended, you'll want to reach out to our support team so they can troubleshoot this deeper. Please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message.

04-08-2021 08:07:48

TE
I can tell you this is going to take a call to Ring. See if they can figure it out and if not, just ask for a replacement to be sent out.

04-08-2021 03:55:02

N
Hi I am seeing the same issue with my floodlight cam. Originally the power fuse was tripped and so I flipped it back on from the circuit breaker box to restore power. However its been strobing since this morning til now (for 8 hours and counting). What exactly is the problem with the new floodlights? I also have the original ring floodlight cams that I have around the house, and tried to restore power to them, and they connect back to the network just fine. (I manually flipped the circuit breaker to test it out) However these new floodlights (floodlight cam pro), which I got two, both have not connected back to the wifi network and keep strobing. Help!

16-08-2021 02:47:10

U
Same exact issue. What a pain in the rear.

06-11-2021 11:14:31

N
![90620045_6996495252722287537_stamp|video](upload://p36HvVYvz4P97cC4KdHYJEV3SLp.mp4) live view from my ring door bell of my floodlight cam pro strobing. hasn't fixed itself yet.

16-08-2021 02:51:47

V
OK - this has now started with one of my floodlights - out of the blue! I'm going to try the suggestion of resetting it, but will have to wait until morning since I have to set up a tall ladder to reach it. SUGGESTION: Instead of having to climb up to reset floodlights by pressing an inconvenient button, how about programming them to reset by 3 quick on/off cycles or something? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has installed their floodlights up high on their house!!!

13-10-2021 11:39:22

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions