Ring Floodlight Flashing

Hi,

Our Floodlight keeps on flashing on like a strobe light when it detects motion, rather than staying on.

This has been occuring on and off for several months. It fixes the issue when restarting several times, but that is not working this time around.

The floodlight is hardwired. I’ve restarted the electrical box, firmware is up to date. Not sure what else it can be other than the device itself. We installed the device around December.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

1 Like

Hey @cdub81. Thank you so much for reaching out to the Community and detailing your experience and what you have done. I applaud you for the troubleshooting you’ve preformed to have it work as long as you have. At this time, since you still have this concern to no avail and have exhausted the troubleshooting you can do on your end, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know what they’re able to do for you to get this addressed, as your answer may help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wondering if you had any luck here. I have the same problem with strobing floodlights. Checked the lights and theyre full of water. :-(. Called support and was offered a measily 35% discount code. They cannot confirm of theyve fixed the water problem so there is no way Im paying another $200 to end up with the same people.

1 Like

Same issue here! Noticed yesterday. Hoping to get a bit more help troubleshooting.

I have the same issue and I noticed it happens when the temperature drops below -20C. The first two winters I have been resetting it when I was noticing the flashing lights. It was working for the moment. This winter I decided to keep the lights off when it is cold outside.

Any luck? I have the exact same issue with my floodlight cam on one side. I’m pretty sure it’s driving my neighbors crazy & I’ve rebooted everything. I can’t reach the camera on my own and by electrician brother who hardwired it is out of the country. I’m in the PNW so I’m sure it’s full of water. It’s warm here and still flashing

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.