Ring floodlight cams - lights stopped working

So I have a Ring floodlight cam installed over my garage, and it stopped working after Halloween. When I go outside and manually try to turn on the lights I hear the click from the unit and the LEDs glow very dimly.

Any ideas? My unit was purchased in Sept 2018 so I’m sure it’s out of warranty.

Hey @Raybo2019! Try performing a reset by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, please set up the Floodlight Cam from scratch, in the app. If this does not resolve your concerns, please reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting.

Thanks for the reply. We’re in the middle of a winter storm so I probably won’t get up there on my ladder til Thursday. I’ll let you know if the reset helps.

2 Likes

Stay warm!

OK, didn’t work (I didn’t expect it to).

I think the LEDs are shot. Disappointing after only 15 months of usage.

1 Like

If you have the Protect Plus Plan with Ring, replacement should be covered. Call Ring support.

Ah, I believe I do. Thanks for the tip!

Good!

I am also disappointed to hear that your lights failed so quickly. Ring constantly says those LED lights should last forever…

I’m going to try resetting this light tomorrow as I have 4 of these Ring flood lights. Two on the garage and 2 on the house and at $329.00 each plus tax thats crazy that the one has a bulb flashing and than went out completely!! Very frustrating after spending alot of cash plus for an electrician to make sure they were all wired in properly.

1 Like

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Hey @Raybo2019! Try performing a reset by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, please set up the Floodlight Cam from scratch, in the app. If this does not resolve your concerns, please reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting.

Resetting the flood light did not help the issue!! Only one of the bulbs is flashing in one of the flood lights, as if its about to burn out.
Very disappointed after spending near $1500 on 4 of these lights ( 350$ each) What do you recommend ?? It’s wired in and not an easy to repair as I had an electrician come out and put them all up for me, that was an extra $400 I paid out!

2 Likes

I’m having this problem now also. The floodlights started flashing when motion at night was detected. That lasted about two days. Now the lights come on and stay on for the 30 second duration that the camera is set for, but are very dim. I tried resetting the camera multiple times but that doesn’t work. Anyone have any suggestions? Are these bulbs replaceable? Thanks.

1 Like

Ours also started having this issue last week. Worked when we went to bed, then the next morning, the lights come on very dim and flicker. Either Ring pushed an update that caused issues or the devices just go bad after a couple years. Hopefully their warranty process isn’t a hassle as getting these down and reinstalled is a pain.

From what I’ve read from various reviews on the internet, the floodlights are not replaceable and the warranty is only good for a year. I’ve had my camera for a year and two months. I’m probably going to live with the malfunction for awhile until I hear of something hopefully that will fix the problem. The camera itself still works well. If you hear or read of any repair please post it. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If the reset did not help in resolving this concern, please also try a power cycle by flipping appropriate breaker switch, or the light switch if one exists. The operation of these LEDs can be related to power resources as well, so it’s always good to check with an electrician if you feel the power supply is not sufficient for any reason.

As always, our support team is available anytime to assist further with troubleshooting. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply. I tried shutting the power off multiple times also. That did not fix the problem. The lights come on, but very dim. Some of the diodes, for lack of a better description, inside the LED, do not light and there is a flickering when the others do come on.

Hello,

My Floodlight Cam bulbs started flashing the other night which I believe means that the bulbs are bad. I started searching on the site for info about bulb replacement and read somewhere that the bulb have an extremely long life. When I called support to find out how to replace the bulbs, I was advised that the bulbs, in fact, cannot be replaced, the whole unit needs replacing. They said they would offer me a 35% discount on the purchase of a new one. My one year warranty expired about 6 months ago. I found this unacceptable since I did not think that the 18 months I owned the unit warrented burnt out bulbs . Quite frankly, the unit only goes on when there is motion and then goes off soon after. I would expect that the unreplaceable bulbs would last much longer. Also, I do not remember reading in any of the advertising or literature that the bulbs were not replaceable and that you would need to buy a new one when they burned out. I think that information would have affected my decision to buy the unit.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. I’ve always heard that LED’s lasted a long time. Not true in this case. I’ve had this particular unit for one year and two months when the lights failed. I definitely would not have purchased this product if I had known this would be a problem this early on. I have three Ring cameras at my residence. We’ll see which one breaks down next.

1 Like

The lights on my floodlight cam have stopped working as well. I’ll be calling Ring tomorrow. I did the reset using the button on top as well as turning off power at the wall switch. No lights. Camera still works. If a $249 unit fails this quickly there’s a quality issue. I’ve posted a pic from when one was still working. Now both lights are dead.

1 Like

I’ve had mine for 2 years now. It’s on every night all night long. Might be a defective unit. Looks like the LEDs are dead in the photo.

Keep us updated. Thanks.