Ring Floodlight Camera Wired Plus Video Pulsing

I recently purchased a Floodlight Camera Wired Plus after having been impressed with my Spotlight Camera Battery but I’m getting a constant blinking/pulsing effect on both recorded and live video every 1 second and it is consistent it’s been like this since I installed and set it up. It’s almost as if it is constantly trying to re-focus or something.

I’ve tried a factory reset, changing settings etc nothing seems to help. It has a constant excellent connection as the WiFi access point it is connected to is a mere 2-3 feet away from it. Quite honestly it’s driving me nuts as the Spotlight Cam Battery does not have this issue at all.

Anyone had/have a similar issue and know of a fix? Or is it just a faulty / defective unit? Thanks.

Hi @Kamachi. Would you mind sharing a video example of this blinking or pulsing effect that you’re seeing on your videos and Live Views? When attaching this video, you will need to gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. This will give us a better idea of what you’re seeing on your end.

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring Here is a video example I’ve just taken via Live View, Thanks for the quick reply.

(Ring #AlwaysHome) <-----

Hi @Kamachi. What is the RSSI for this device? As a test, try hooking this device up to a WiFi hotspot and trigger a recording. If the problem persists, you’ll know if this is a device issue or a network issue.

Hi @Tom_Ring the RSSI of this device is always around 30-35 as I stated in my first comment it has a constant excellent connection.

Hi @Kamachi. It’s always important to know the RSSI of the device when trying to troubleshoot an issue. After watching the video you shared, I’m unable to see any blinking/pulsing that you are describing. The video seems to be of good quality and consistent of what I would expect to see from a Floodlight Cam with a low RSSI. I suggest reaching out to our support team so they can review some diagnostic information on your Floodlight Cam. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.