Ring Floodlight Camera loses connection at the same time everyday?

Hello all, in the last week I’ve installed a Ring Floodlight Camera, Peephole Camera and Alarm system.

The Ring Floodlight camera loses wifi connection at approximately the same time (Between 1 pm and 2 pm Pacific time) every day for about an hour or two. It then automatically reconnects close to 3 pm. I’ve eliminated all possibilities on my end that Ring ‘support’ suggests. Nothing I do during this time will reconnect the camera?

The light can only be turned off by a breaker switch which is behind a locked door for our building and I’ve confirmed the breaker is on while this is happening so power is not the issue as other lights in the common area of the building reamin on. The light is less than 10 feet from the router with only a wall seperating them. My other Ring products and other devices I have all remain connected to wifi when this is occuring. I have tested other devices outside and further from the router than the light and have no issues. I’ve reset the device but the same issue remains. Has anyone else had this issue?

As an aside, I’m somewhat frustrated that I can not actually speak to Ring support in person or at east I keep getting sent in circles and have been unable to find a contact # to speak to an actual person.

Sorry for the long note. This is my last straw before I return the product.

Thanks

tcubed

Sorry to hear about this experience @tcubed. This is certainly an odd occurrence to hear of. As you stated all of your other Ring devices remain connected during this time, please ensure there are not large appliances, electronics, multiple floors, or a great amount of distance between your Floodlight Cam and the network.

For instance, if there is a kitchen between the router and the Floodlight Cam, your microwave, stove, and refrigerator will likely make it hard for wifi signal to pass through, especially while they are running. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

If you’ve checked your wifi signal variables and feel that this is not due to wifi interference, I recommend checking the network information by logging into your router’s user interface. This will be useful for checking on any IP address conflicts, diagnostics/ router logs for this device, and more. If this Floodlight Cam looks to be connecting just fine on your network, and this concern still persists, our support team would be the best to assist next.

The best way to reach our support team is to give them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response Marley_Ring. I’m in Vancouver, Canada. I’ve been communicating with Ring Support over Facebook and we are trying different solutions but to no avail so far. There’s just a wall and maybe 10 feet between the router and camera and really no electronics between them. I’ve now tried a seperate router but the same result. Camera goes down around 12:30 pm and comes up at 3 pm (Pacific). Trying a different solution today.

Cheers

tcubed

1 Like

Apologies to Ring. After much troubleshooting it appears to be some anomly with our building where power to this particular juntion box goes down at the same time and for the same duration everyday. So I can now safely eliminate the camera as the issue but have to figure our why the power goes off specifically to this camera where other lights, etc are not affected on the same circuit. Onward I go! Thanks for any and all assistance.

1 Like

That is a first, @tcubed! Honestly, that’s the last thing we would’ve checked as well. So glad you found this though, and we hope it is a speedy fix! :slight_smile:

Hello. Did you ever resolve the issue with your camera disconnecting at the same time? Mine disconnects every day from 7:23 pm to 7:23 am.

I’m having this same issue and I live in a house, and my electric doesn’t go off at all