Ring floodlight camera, lights not turning on

My wired floodlight camera floodlights will not turn on. The camera works fine and I reliably get motion alerts. I cannot turn the lights on and off through the app. They do not turn on and off through motion. I have tried turning off the power and resetting the device. I have also completely redone the wiring and the same problem occurs. Any ideas?

Spotlight cam isn’t switching on tried hard reset still nothing both batteries fully charged

Hi neighbors! Thank you for sharing which device you have as well as what troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far. Since a reset has not done the trick for either of you, would you mind reaching out to our support team on this? They can take a closer look at your account and device and walk through more advanced troubleshooting steps in order to find a solution. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

How long have you had the floodlight cam? Seems like they are only designed to last 1-2yrs. My lights just died too after about 2yrs. The relay clicks when turning on the lights, but they are very dim and barely visible at night. There are at least three separate recent threads discussing this issue. Do a search and you’ll find many more. Ring refuses to do anything about it other than having us purchase a replacement. Why would we want to buy a replacement that is guaranteed to fail again within 2yrs?

Ring Spotlight won’t turn off. I have read every post and contacted Ring. It is a Ring Defect- it cannot be solved.

Hi @user63057. If you’ve done everything and your Spotlight Cam is defective, there’s nothing we can assist you with here in the Ring Community. You’ll need to reach out to our support team for replacement options.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.