Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
J
Closed
Ring floodlight camera lens cover has fallen off
hardwired-security-cameras
negative-feedback
troubleshooting
cs-support

My Ring floodlight cam showing blurry image. tried cleaning with various methods, but no luck. Found lens plastic cover has fallen off and that is why lens is fogging up. What should I do? Is there replacement lens cover available or just lens as all sensors and floodlight works just fine

29-07-2023 05:10:51

Responses (4)

T
Hi @jm1481. What is the RSSI for your Floodlight Cam? If this blurry video is due to condensation or fogging, you can apply a small amount of Rain-X to clear things up.

31-07-2023 01:05:16

J
RSSI is 73 for device. The issue is top cover for lens has been dropped somehow and that is why it is keep fogging up. Will try Rain-x, is there other option if this does not work

05-08-2023 12:20:13

C
Hi @jm1481. It would be helpful to see a picture of what the video quality looks like, as well as what the lens of the Floodlight Cam looks like. If the lens itself is physically damaged, you would need to get in touch with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus) for assistance.

07-08-2023 08:55:26

L

How do I escalate a complaint with Ring? To date, I have paid to have 2 overhead floodlight cameras installed, only to have the lens fall off each one after 1 year. I contacted Ring several days ago via Facebook, and they offered a discount on a new camera. A discount? Your products should last more than a year. Based on the number of incidences posted, there is clearly a design flaw. I should not have to pay for another unit and then pay yet another $300 for an electrician to install a third camera in 3 years. I would like to speak with someone higher than Facebook customer service. How do I go about that?

07-01-2024 03:52:24

C

Hi @Lcrimmins. The Ring Community is a public forum for general troubleshooting assistance. Concerns about physical damage to your device, or feedback regarding your support experience, should be directed to our support team. You can get in touch with our support team directly at one of the numbers available here. They can review your device’s warranty to determine the best solution regarding the physical damage, and document your feedback.

08-01-2024 07:15:22

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

07-02-2024 07:15:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User