Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro Siren/Volume Control

Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro (2021 release) to loud and no way to disarm siren

Just installed, found this product has no option to control volume at camera and no way to disarm siren. When used in residential setting (suburban ), the volume on camera is to loud and conversation can be heard plainly by adjacent neighbors. I am also afraid if activating the siren (110 db) accidently, since it plainly available on multiple screens, I would put the whole neighborhood in panic.

Is this siren/volume control being considered in future updates or should I return for more suitable device for residential install?

I can see how the device as it is would be better suited for commercial/industrial settings.

Hi there, @timqsr! The siren on your Floodlight Camera Wired Pro will play at maximum volume once triggered in the Ring app. If you are worried about accidentally activating the siren, when you do press the siren toggle in the Ring app, there will be a pop up window asking you to confirm this action. When enabling the siren, it will sound for 30 seconds before automatically turning off, or you may toggle it off as well. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply Marley_Ring. While I understand that activating the alarm is a 2 step process, I still don’t feel comfortable that this will safeguard me from accidently activating the siren. From my standpoint, the real solution would be adding a parameter in the settings to disarm the siren if not needed. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Of course, @timqsr! Thank you for clarifying further on this :slight_smile:

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here.

1 Like

Separate from your siren concern, in which I’ve shared this feedback with our team here, I wanted to also help further with the two way audio. :slight_smile:

Please log in to your Ring app, open the Menu, select Devices, and choose your Floodlight Camera Wired Pro in order to visit its device page.

While viewing your Floodlight Camera Wired Pro in the Ring app, select Device Settings, then General settings, and please confirm if you see a volume slider for two way talk audio. Thank you!

Hi Marley_Ring,

Thank you for pointing out where the volume slider is in my general settings .

I tried lowering the volume and it now works Great!!! :smiley:

I appreciate you passing along my siren volume concerns for further review. If I could either minimize the siren volume or disarm/disable siren completely, I would be entirely satisfied with the product.

Thank you!

2 Likes

@Marley_Ring unfortunately I do not see the volume slider in my app.

Can you assist.

Hi there, @pghan! You might not see this setting available if you do not have a Floodlight Camera Pro or latest externally powered Ring device. To find this setting on a compatible device, follow the steps mentioned above:

• Select “Devices” and choose your Floodlight Camera Wired Pro.
  • Next, tap the Device Settings tile, and select General Settings from the next page.
  • Under General Settings you will be able to adjust speaker volume.

Please also ensure you have the latest Ring app version downloaded. :slight_smile:

In general settings, I have slides the volume control to the lowest, but the speaker is still very loud and unchanged. I am afraid the loud voice of “now you are being recorded “ will disturb neighbors walking by.
Why the device control does not work?
What other things I need to try?
Thanks!

Hi @user97143. The volume for the Motion Warning cannot be adjusted. More information about the Motion Warning feature can be found here.

A post was split to a new topic: Adjust volume for Motion Warning