Ring Flood light flashes like strobe AGAIN!

I have 3 flood lights and 1 doorbell, I had to replace one flood just 2 years old and now am having the same issue with two newer flood lights just over two years old. I have read most posts with same issue and nothing seems to work . Does Ring consider this a defect ? Does Ring not think of making this system modular so we the consumers can buy the light parts and simply replace only these ?
Does RING understand this issue or is this part of their manufacturing ploy to ensure we keep replacing the whole system instead and adding to the landfills ? I replaced one before thinking I had a one off issue , now I think it is a common issue that has no company attention until we the consumers make it known by word of mouth. I hope there is a reasonable fix soon as I see my self replacing with competitors and ensuring neighbors do same thing.

Fixed!
Well, sort of.

If you are willing to go through the standard gyrations of contacting Ring, talking to customer support, sending it back, getting a new one, reinstalling the new, blah blah blah then please skip this solution.

If you’re like me, out of warranty, busy, working hard to put bread on the table, low on patience, no time for this headache, then read on.

I have one bulb flashing and one that is sort of dim and strobing in a dim way. So, standing on a ladder, I unscrewed the dim bulb thinking this was the offending bulb. Unscrew it from the base plate. Once unscrewed it will be dangling from the plate with two wires. Once I realized there is no way of replacing this bulb (yet), I cut the wires removing the floodlight.

Turn on the power, I got bupkis. The other light was still flashing and NO camera feed. OK, this thing is toast. So back up on the ladder, removed the other light, cut the wires and Presto POP!.. it starting working. Just no lights. But Ring does sell one without floodlights so I just considered it a downgrade and left it at that.

Tape off the lose wires, replace the rubber O-Ring thingy and at this point you can screw in the old flood lights, that are now fake flood lights or simply leave them off and use some bathtub sealer to clog up the old floodlight holes. Your call.

Cam is now working again. Eaa, it’s a cheap fix but works for me.

Hi neighbors! We strongly advise you to not dismantle your device in any way, as it may void your warranty. You can learn more about your device’s warranty here. Should you have any concerns with your device’s performance and you’re not able to find a solution here on the Community, please reach out to our support team before attempting to take your device apart. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Agreed, don’t do anything if you still HAVE a warranty.

We were having the same issue. The house we bought had the security camera, so I am not sure how old it is. I contacted the technical support, they tested it and I guess because of everyone’s issues, they are saying they are sending us a new unit. Haven’t received it yet, but I guess we will know in 7-10 days. I cannot complain about their customer support as yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.