Ring flood light cameras not detecting black cars

For some reason my flood light cameras won’t detect motion either night or day when black cars pull into our driveway. Unless they just stop in the driveway if they just drive towards the garage it completely misses it. Anyone else has the same problem?

It also has the same problem with the black bears. Yes bears :slight_smile: anything I could do to adjust settings so it detects bears in the dark and black cars?

1 Like

Hi @Vajjas. The motion detection shouldn’t be affected based on the color of the car. Would you mind attaching a screenshot of the Motion Zones you have set in the Ring App? Additionally, about how high is your Floodlight Camera mounted? I’d be happy to take a look and see what suggestions I can make. :slight_smile:

Hi, it’s set up at about 9 ft, attached are the motion zones.

I have the same problem with bears. Picks up raccoons and other animals fine. Did you find a solution?

I’ve got the same problem with our flood light camera over the garage. It is installed above the garage door and the view is entirely unencumbered. It can see any other color of vehicle including my white SUV, but it cannot see my black car in motion, and does not record it as an event. Is there a solution to this issue?

1 Like

Hi neighbors. Ring Cameras and Doorbells are designed to detect and alert you to visitors at your property. The color of a vehicle should not affect the motion detection on your Floodlight Cam. I’d recommend reviewing the information and troubleshooting steps regarding motion detection here. If you need further assistance with troubleshooting your motion settings, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.