Ring Flood glass lens cover

The glass cover over the lens has fallen off
Is this something to be concerned about.

2 Likes

Hey @BIGONTHEWEB. Do you mind taking a picture to show us what fell off? Would love to see what you’re seeing!

I have attached 2 photos

1 - the ring flood with missing lens cover

2 - the lens cover that fell off

Thank you for the pictures, @BIGONTHEWEB! It may be possible to pop that lens cover back into place. The cover is intended to protect the lens from weather or debris, which could hinder image quality without it. If the lens cover is not re-attaching to your Camera, the next best step will be to reach out to our support team to see what solutions they have to offer. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I had the same problem where my lens cover fell off. I cleaned the camera lens and both sides with a lens cloth before I pushed it back on. Just before it fell off I started noticing light streaks when the sun is hitting the camera. It does not appear in the morning, evening or night time or when I block the sun from hitting the lens directly. Support told me to order a camera cover or make something to block the sun. Currently I have a Christmas wreath around the camera, but this issue started about a month before the wreath was put ip. One photo is before the sun hits the camera and the other is after the sun hits the camera…

This same thing happened to me twice already. I sent the camera back twice. The weird part is that the camera is under an awning, does not get direct sunlight or water. What is the solution? It just falls out after 5 months.

1 Like

Hi @Candiru. If the lens has fallen out of your Camera and is not going back into place or keeps falling out after a few days, the next best step is to contact our support team for further assistance. If this has happened to you more than once on multiple Cameras, let our support team know so they can further investigate.

Same…for the cost of these things this shouldn’t happen. Quality has gone downhill. My older floodlight cams seem better quality than my newer ones. I have two older ones and two that are from 2021. The 2021 models seem cheap.

1 Like

Same. Have 4 of these, just over 12 months old (so out of warranty), has only happened to 1 so far. Started seeing what we thought was a circle of light reflection in video captures. Turns out the lens cover had detached and was just hanging on at the top with gravity pulling the bottom out a couple of cm. If it had fallen off completely, we probably wouldn’t have realised. Looks like the glue at the factory was not applied properly, seems like it was only glued in 1 spot at the top.
Have currently just put thin tape on both sides to hold it on, but that will come off eventually. Maybe 4 small dots of super glue on top, bottom and sides will do a better job.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.