Ring External Camers

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help. I recently bought a hard wired security spotlight camera but it looks like the product needs an external power source to work, ie cant wire it indoors without cutting the cable etc.

Is there a ring product that does not specifically require an external power source and can be wired internally?

Thanks

Hi @hakan01. It sounds like you are talking about our Hardwired Kit for the Spotlight Cam Wired. This enables you to hardwire the camera into your homes electrical system. You can see this kit here.

Hi,

Just to confirm as well as purchasing the hardwired camera, i will also need to purchase the hard wired kit to be able to use a power source internally to my property?

I assume this means dismantling the existing power source to the hardwired ring camera and attaching the hard wired kit to it instead?

Just want to make sure I am correct

Thanks

Hi @hakan01. Which model of the Spotlight Cam do you have? There is the Spotlight Cam Mount, which hardwires into your homes electrical system and the Spotlight Cam Wired, that plugs into a wall outlet. If you have the Spotlight Cam Wired, the kit I previously shared will convert your Spotlight Cam Wired into a Spotlight Cam Mount. I hope this clears things up for you.

1 Like