Same thing here - ring elite doorbell stopped triggering the mechanical bell about 2 weeks before Christmas.
Setup - Ring Doorbell Elite connected by ethernet cable and using PoE for power. Byron 776 wired chime with internal AC transformer. No Ring Protect Plan subscription.
Was working fine up to two week before Christmas. No
- Wired door chime works fine when the wires are shorted together.
- Reset Ring Doorbell Elite and update software (press ring doorbell reset button for 15secs, re-add via app, setup as ethernet, setup as mechanical door chime, wait for software update).
- checked wired chime is on the compatibility list - byron 776
- checked that is wired to Rings recommendation - yes, byron 776 has an internal 8V ac transformer
- checked voltage on wired chime - 15V ac
- checked wired chime cable - yes, Ring doorbell is now setup on the bench and has a new cable connecting it to the wired chime.
- checked that the terminals on the Ring Elite are to corroded - yes, looks as good as new
I have also used a multimeter to see if the terminals on the Elite ‘switches’ the wired chime voltage - it does not - it did a few months ago.
Have spoken to Ring Support who have run through most of the above. They have taking the view that there is nothing wrong with the Ring unit.
Please update when this thread has a solution, probably a software fix.