Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Ring Doorbells Gray Static on Video
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

Hello,

Last year I got a Ring Doorbell for my front door. It worked flawlessly. Recorded everything in high quality and never had any issues. Last month, I figured I’d get a second doorbell for my backdoor. I ordered it and set it up. Since then, both of my doorbells have been messing up.They capture this gray static and I have no idea why. And when it isn’t gray static then the recording is poor quality. The RSSI is perfectly fine. They’re charged, new, and I have been through a bunch of threads & posts. Is this a wifi issue? Should I get a mesh system to resolve this? I don’t know how wifi would cause the video quality to go from low to this gray static.

13-05-2024 06:47:48

Responses (1)

J

Hi @user82206. Checking your devices RSSI was a good step to take. I would also recommend rebooting your Doorbells using the Ring app to see if it helps. Also reboot your router by unplugging it from power for a few seconds and plugging it back in. We also have this Help Center page with other steps you can try. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

14-05-2024 06:14:09

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User