Ring doorbell

How do we bypass the mechanical chime so it rings on the ring chime?

@Dianeramirez wrote:

Just to clarify, you do understand that the mechanical house chime does Not need to be disconnected, in order for the Ring Chime sounds to function? If you are having an issue making your Ring Chime sound on your app or base station . . . on your phone app you should select “Devices” from the main menu > select your Ring doorbell > “Device Settings” > “Alert Settings” > “App Alert Tones” > and there you can adjust your Ring Chime Volume and Sound choices. Make sure the sound choice of “Silent” is NOT selected if you do want a Ring Chime sound. If you want the RIng Chime to sound, and it’s not working, maybe you accidentally have it on the “Silent” choice.

Ah, and just in case you are referring to making a sound on the Ring CHIME device or on the Ring CHIME PRO device, from the main menu select > “Devices” > select your Ring CHIME device > “Audio Settings” > and select “Chime Alerts” to select which Ring device that you want the CHIME or CHIME PRO to should alert on AND you can select “Chime Tones” to select which audible sound you want to hear (both “Rings” and/or “Motions”).

Most of the posts that I see on the RIng Community forum ask how to make their mechanical house chime activate in addition to the Ring Chime sound on the apps and/or Ring Chimes. Their Ring Doorbell Alert Sound does goes off, but their wall-mounted house chime does not. For those people, chances are their later-model Ring Video Doorbell is on the factory default Chime setting of ‘None’ (because the Ring company has no idea whether you have a mechanical or digital chime in your house already). In the phone App, from main menu select ‘Devices’ and go to ‘Device Settings’ > ‘General Settings’. In ‘Internal Doorbell Settings’ select ‘Doorbell Chime Type’ and change from the default setting of ‘None’ to either ‘Mechanical’ or ‘Digital’ (depending on which type of house chime you currently have installed in your house). This will let the Ring doorbell sound on their wall-mounted house chime.

If you still want to bypass your wall-mounted house chime, I assume you will still want the transformer wires (attached to your Ring doorbell) to supply recharging electrical power. You can simply remove the cover off your mounted house chime, and disconnect the wire that powers that mechanical chime at the bell. Use electrical tape over the end of the disconnected wire, to ensure it doesn’t accidentally touch anything inside the house chime device. By disconnecting the wire at the chime bell, the transformer should still supply power to the Ring Doorbell outside. It simply won’t activate the house chime.

I hope this information is useful to you

@Dianeramirez wrote:

I had another thought . . . since you used the words, “bypass the mechanical chime”, it made me think there is a possibility that you have a Ring Video Doorbell Pro ? If you do indeed own the Doorbell Pro, then to bypass the mechanical chime is explained well in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T46kjswjXs