Ring doorbell works but existing doorbell does not

Hello,

Just wondering why I cannot get my existing doorbell to work with Ring doorbell wired camera.

The doorbell I have is the CHM1 and I cannot get it to work, I’ve read these instructions

Your Ring doorbell won’t ring if the settings on the app are wrong. Follow the steps to enable proper settings:

• Open the app and select your doorbell.
  • Press Device Settings.
  • Go to General Settings.
  • Select your ‘Doorbell Chime Type’.
  • You will see a dropdown menu. From that, pick ‘Mechanical’.
  • Turn on ‘Ring My In-Home Doorbell’ and you are done!

If none of the above can’t get it ringing, you may need to reset the power. Remove the battery from the doorbell or flip the breaker to force it to restart.

Forcing to restart this way should resolve the mechanical chime issues.

However the “doorbell chime type” option is not available in the setting.

Anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Hi @Warez09. With the Ring Doorbell Wired, it does does not sound your existing doorbell chime inside your home. To hear audio alerts in your home, you can pair the Doorbell Wired with a Ring Chime or a compatible Alexa device. This is noted on the product page and should be noted on the original packaging as well.

If you have a different model of Ring Doorbell, please let me know which one it is. You can read the model name on the Device Health page, on the original packaging, or on the back of the Doorbell itself. You can also see all of our Doorbell models here on our website. :slight_smile: