Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
Ring doorbell wired impossible to reset when installing
installation
troubleshooting
Bought a second hand Ring video doorbell (latest model, not the Pro version). My electrician installed it. He id not connect it to the old/excisting chime, because I have a Ring chime that I want to use. He put in a transformer in the socket cabinet and connected the doorbell to this transformer. There is power into the doorbell, a solid blue light is there. But it is not responding when I try to reset it with the orange button (also tried holding the button for a long time to hard reset it). So it is impossible to get it into installation mode/white light flashing. Any hints?

14-11-2023 03:09:40

Responses (2)

J
Hi @Drammen_7. What exact model Doorbell did you install? What are the specs of the transformer that was installed? This information will help me look into your concern.

15-11-2023 06:25:06

D
Hi latest model Ring Wired. But today I managed to fix it myself. My electrician said that I could try to cut the power by remowing the socket in the socket cabinet. That helped, it is OK now :grinning:

17-11-2023 10:49:47

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

17-12-2023 10:50:31

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User