Ring doorbell wired blowing transformers

My latest Ring doorbell wired is blowing transformers immediately upon installation. After 2 blown transformers I dismounted the Ring and took it to my workbench to ensure no issues with the wiring to the transformer etc… Upon connecting to another transformer on my workbench it blew this one as well. All wiring, voltage, amps are withing specs. Very frustrating as never had this issue on prior generations of Ring doorbells and previous installations. This doorbell is the wired 2021 release.

1 Like

Hi @user11293. This should not be happening. I suggest reaching out to a member of our support team to go over your setup and identify the problem here. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’m getting the same problem with Ring doorbell 3 - installed with a transformer but quickly stopped registering as ‘wired’. Bought another transformer but didn’t seem to work so returned it. Got a third transformer - tested it before installing and it showed 22v fine. Just connected it to the RING 3 doorbell and it no longer works - removed the transformer and tested at another electrical socket - dead when it worked perfectly 5 minutes ago - so definitely blown. Did you ever get a resolution ?

I’ve got the same problem and have now blown three transformers on two different ring wired doorbells. What on earth can be causing this? The transformers get quite hot within a matter of minutes (during which the doorbell has typically started up just fine, but then starts updating and the transformer is blown).

Hi @jbuchal. As mentioned in the solution, please reach out to our support team for further assistance regarding this concern.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.