Hi, I have a doorbell wired and chime that got disconnected yesterday. Both were working fine since last November last year. I did not make any changes in my home network. Now both cannot connect to any internet (wifi, mobile hotspot). Here are the things that I tried, but could not get through. Please note that my wifi and mobile hotspot are both working fine and can browse normally.
- Reset the devices.
- Changed passwords of wifi and mobile data, even tried a no password to eliminate the special characters.
- Changed SSIDs to remove special characters.
- Tried changing the channels of my 2.4ghz several times, both lower and higher than channel 10
- Tried reconnecting to wifi option in the app and adding as new device
- Tried different mobile phones and tablets to add the devices again or reconnect to wifi
- Tried both the enabled and disabled location.
Signal strength is good. Power is OK from the last health update. I am literally a foot away from the ring devices when doing all of these.
I can see that the ring devices are connected to the APs or mobile phone through hotspot, but it keeps dropping the setup saying its not connected. These are for both the chime and doorbell.
I’m running out of options. Got this last year and had it shipped here to the Philippines. Any help from the ring support would be much appreciated. I don’t believe these devices got broken at the same time.