Ring doorbell will only ring once

I just ran into the same issue, I even bought a new transformer as I thought it was due to low voltage, this is a sad excuse for a doorbell.

I have a nice big bell (not quite as large as you might see in a church steeple) right next to my ring doorbell. The bell has a cord with a carabiner which sits inches from the doorbell’s button. Most people still pull the carabiner :slight_smile: At this very moment, I have disabled all motion functionality for my ring doorbell and actually, it goes into live view pretty well. So I can somewhat screen our callers using a little very old technology and a little new technology…

And - in my current configuration I was able to go into live view recently as I waited in a doctor’s office miles away from my home.

Not quite what I thought I was purchasing but ring has worn me out. I can no longer return it so I am just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

1 Like

Yes, that helps, better chance of hearing it as it only rings once :slight_smile:

This is a defect. You press a button, it rings. One for one, not one per many.

Wife is ■■■■■■. Why in God’s name would you configure this in this manner?

Why can’t they fix this ? More, why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

We appreciate the continue feedback on this, neighbors! As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I agree with everyone who has posted about the single ring when the doorbell is pressed. The door bell should ring every time its pressed. Previously it would ring every time the door bell was pressed. One of the firmware upgrades changed this beviour. Would greatly appreciate the Ring techs , reverting back to the original ring behaviour (i.e. back to the original config). Or perhaps, give the home owner the option in the app. 1. Ring every time when door bell is pressed 2. Ring only once.