Ring doorbell will only ring once

hi 2022 feb i have the same problem . Ring doorbell will only ring once plus the motion setting . doesnt work either . just the blue screen to the areas you want cover , doesnt make any different plus the motions doesnt work at dark .it seem you pass the buck . i need this sorted please .its your product please sort and sort out the app for huawei phone as well thank you . please dont come back with the post below . thank you

1 Like

indeed. i just had mine installed, and thought it wasn’t working. google search brought me here. Ring is NOT LISTENING. If you want to lead a lawsuit, you’ll have a TON of companions!! Or they could just do a software fix- as others have noted, ideally with options- once every second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds

1 Like

good article here -The Ring Doorbell Can Only Ring ONCE (Why?!) - Smart Home Point

I couldn’t believe it when I saw that an expensive doorbell doesn’t do what ALL doorbells have to do… pressed the button, ring.
That’s why we all have a doorbell.
I thought it would be my mistake, I researched and stopped here… I can’t believe it, apparently it’s just like that, only Ring every 60 seconds.
And now I can’t return it, the 30 days have passed, I was waiting for the weather to be good to put it on.
I’ve had family members knocking on the gate because I didn’t hear the bell and they knew I was home.
I feel like breaking this with a hammer…
The camera function is interesting, but MUCH MUCH more useful is to do the basics… press the button as many times as you want and ring the bell.
I’m going back to the old bell.

The worst thing is that the product does not warn buyers that it only plays every 60 seconds, they are deceiving people.
The BASIC function of a doorbell is to ring whenever the button is pressed… it’s basic

It’s June 2022 and Ring doorbells are still broken. I’ll be returning the doorbell, power supply, and the three chimes.

Just bought a new Ring doorbell with chime. To my surprise…yes, it only rings once…they always get you on something. Why do I want a doorbell that only rings once??? Please fix this.

1 Like

Wish I had known about this issue before purchasing this item. It’s ridiculous that a doorbell rings only once, then forces the user to wait 30 seconds without telling anyone that this is the case. Just installed mine today but will be returning it tomorrow.

This is really sad.
Seems the more related feature request entry has been removed for whatever reason too.

It seems you can extend or shorten the reaction time by choosing a longer or shorter recording time.
I personally would like to be able to set the recodirng up for 5 seconds. or 10 seconds.

According to my app, the minimum time I can record is 50 seconds. Why?

Hey neighbors. If you wish to vote for this feature, you can find this Feature Request here. This will allow you to share interest you interest in one place. Thanks, neighbors.

Insane. I cannot believe that a high tech doorbell can’t even function like a basic doorbell. ALLOW MORE THAT ONE RING PLEASE, THIS IS ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

Ludicrous this is standard behaviour, move it to the top of the backlog post haste.

Since ring is only sending what has to be bots or employees who do not read(@Tom_Ring , @Marley_Ring), has anyone found a better option/brand of smart doorbell that performs this very basic function?

I cannot believe after so many request this stupid device only rings my doorbell once. I got mine today and am so upset. I need to return it.

I found a solution let’s see if it works for you guys.
First get a pro power kit

Then install it just connect it to the two already existing wires of the chime

Then test it
If it fails and it only rings once

Replace the transformer
One grades at
Input: AC 120V 60Hz
Output: AC 16V 30VA

Then test it again
If it works great I found the solution when the HD couldn’t

Good luck if I run into more problems I’ll upload the way I made it work
Hope this helped

This is hard to hear. Get my Ring today and the same behaviour like 2018 the first entry to this topic was written. If a visitor push the button only one sound at my iphone and the visitor can’t push the button again for about 50 seconds. I have to send it back too.

Does anybody knows an other WIFI doorbell which has an other (normal) behaviour. I do not need record features. Just need a video doorbell with an app.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Absolutely ridiculous. A ring bell that doesn’t ring. And the company name is …. Ring.

I am a computer/electrical engineer. Replaced transformers, cut drywalls, debugged, replaced the unit… just to find out that this is by design. What a horror. Amazing design decision. This is going back to the store.

For God’s sake, this is not a feature. It is a Bug. Fix it without asking people to request the feature.

2 Likes

Agreed that this should be fixed ASAP. Not sure how come this is not standard feature in the current version. Besides it’s software and can be fixed super quick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.