Ring Doorbell V2 Stopped Working After Software Upgrade

I’ve been using my Ring Doorbell V2 for a while now. All has been well till a software upgrade that occured yesterday. Now my Ring Doorbell refuses to turn on.

The battery has been checked, all is good.
The battery was charged fully and inserted into the device.
No lights turn on.
If i try a hard reset the unit is non-responsive.

What do i do? Is this the end of my Ring Device?

Hi @RedBull. You’ve definitely done the basic troubleshooting steps that I would have recommended you try, so in this case contacting our support team is the next best step. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and they can investigate this further with you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let us know what solution our support team recommends for you, as it may help other neighbors who experience a similar concern. :slight_smile:

Same exact thing happened to me. CS told me my unit died mid software upgrade. battery was at 93%. i have contacted them several times and they have only offered 35% disc on a new item. (totally outrageous and ridiculous).

I would recommend going with a different brand/company.