Ring doorbell stopped charging

Our Ring (not 2) suddenly stopped charging with no change in the system. The voltage at the terminals is 20 VAc and the interior doorbell no longer rings when the Ring Doorbell is pressed (the Ring does chime). If I short the terminals, the interior does ring. The Health now shows Battery as the source.

It appears that the Ring doorbell is no longer making contact internally (I did replace the mounting plate). Is there a test I can make to the Ring doorbell: get a reading from the three sets of contacts? Chect the contacts on the place (not the termanals since the doorbell does ring if shorted and there is 20 VAc).

Also, our Ring has three sets of contacts - not two as seen in Ring images.

Thank you…

Hi @rtcary. If you’re running into a situation where your Doorbell is no longer picking up the wiring to be hardwired and help charge your Doorbell, it would be a good idea to reach out to our support team to have them take a look into this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

What was the solution that support provided?