Ring Doorbell Setup Failure

Hello,

I’ve gotten a hand-me-down doorbell from a friend. I’ve reset it, and tried to set it up, but it keeps failing after inputting the Wifi Password. My other devices don’t have any trouble connecting to the network.

Sometime a page appears in the app while the doorbell’s LED is still spinning white with a diagnostics page (to selecting from which side the led flashing is coming from) while the doorbell keeps spinning in white, and other times, the spinning will stop before that page appears.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey @ti3gib. Since you have done the reset and to no avail, it would be best to follow up with our support team on this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Can’t contact support via published support phone numbers - anyone know what happened?

I’ve got a first-gen ring doorbell, trying to setup on Android 10, keeps hangin on the step where the phone connects to the Ring network. It connects, but then never goes past that step. Hitting the back arrow on the wifi page reverts to the connect-to-ring-network step, and it just loops at that step. Anyone have any ideas? I toggled smart-switch, tried with it on and off, no difference. Any ideas would be great, thank you!