Ring Doorbell Screech

When viewing my ring doorbell videos I come across random videos having a screeching sound through the entire video. This is now every video as there are multiple in the same day and even within the same hour that don’t have this going on. I have a video saved but to large to post here.

Hi @RNewman1732. A loud screeching or static sound playing in your videos could be due to interference from other devices or from an issue with your Doorbell itself. Check if you’ve recently made any changes to your network settings or added any new devices nearby your Doorbell.

You can also perform a full reset on your Doorbell followed by a fresh setup to ensure it’s performing properly. Follow the steps below to complete a reset:

• Hold down the setup button on your Ring Doorbell for a full 20 seconds at least.
  • After the reset is done, you’ll need to set the Doorbell back up in the Ring app by following the prompts under Set Up a Device.
  • Test out a Live View or ring the Doorbell to trigger a test event, then check the video to see if it’s free of the noise you’re hearing.

Should this concern persist and you continue to hear the noise after checking for interference and resetting your Doorbell, please follow up with our support team so they can take a more in-depth look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: