Ring doorbell rings only sometimes

Hi, The ring does not connect to my phone or wifi. When pressed it rings sometimes, usually 2-3 minute delay. When I try to re-set it - does not create the local wifi network. The white ring light comes on after I have pressed the side button a few times , not on the first try
Is there something wrong with the doorbell itself. My wifi works fine.
Ullyn

Hi @unadgir. What specific model doorbell is this? What type of phone do you have and what version of the Ring app is installed?

Hi Tom_Ring - the model is Ring wired pro , App is 5.65.1
Thanks
unadgir

Hi @unadgir. Well, those are 2 different types of Doorbells. There is the Ring Pro and the Doorbell Wired. You can find the specific model in your Ring app under the Device Health menu. You can also find the power status, RSSI and Transformer voltage in that menu. A quick press of the setup button should put your device into setup mode. If you hold the button for 20 seconds, it will reboot the device. You can also reboot it from the Device Health menu. Is this wired to a chime kit? Is the chime kit not ringing or is the doorbell itself not ringing? Does the device show offline in your Ring app. Feel free to share a screenshot of your Device health menu, if needed.

Hi, When I use the setup button, it does not respond and the ring light around the button does not turn blue or white. Then after a few presses it turns white and circles. I then try to set it up but it does not make the local WIFI connection. Does that mean that the doorbells WIFI controller is dead? Thanks unadgir

Hi @unadgir. With the Video Doorbell Pro, insufficient power can cause connectivity issues. We have a hardwiring checklist for the Doorbell Pro here, which I’d recommend reviewing. After verifying that your Pro has sufficient power, and that the Pro Power Kit is properly installed, the next step would be a reset and fresh set up.

You can reset your Doorbell Pro by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, use the steps under Set Up a Device in the Ring app to complete a new set up. If you run into any issues during this process, we have troubleshooting steps for common setup failures here. Should none of those troubleshooting steps work, please reach out to our support team for more in-depth assistance.

Hi, I looked in my old doorbell box and saw that there was not ring pro power kit. Looks like the guy who installed it did not know about installing the kit. Am I right in assuming that the reason it works sometimes is that it is not getting enough power? Photograph of my doorbell chime is attached
Thanks, Ully

@unadgir. I am happy to chime in. Your Pro Power Kit not being installed in your chime could be a reason why your chime rings only sometimes. I recommend installing it to see if it helps.

1 Like

Apologies for the long post. I did install the power pack and it started working a day before I installed it! Kept on working with the power pack for two days. then stopped working. I tried rebooting it and the blue light kept spinning . I waited over an hour and tried rebooting it again . I needed multiple attempts to get the ring wifi network to start so it could link up with my phone. Worked for one day. Now it is dead again . any advice. Is the unit itself faulty ?
Thanks. Ully

The device does not create a wifi network
Thanks Ully

Sorry for multiple mails- Update
I rebooted the doorbell and I had to do it three times and finally after the third try, the white ring came on . Tired off my phones cellular data and bluetooth and was able to get ring to join the network. Keeping my fingers crossed
Thanks . Ully

1 Like

Hi @unadgir. Thank you for the update and we’re happy to hear you got this working.

1 Like

Thanks Tom_Ring. It still cuts out and it was not connected for 2 days and then is back on again. I moved the google home much closer , but it is still a mystery. Could the doorbell’s internal things be faulty?
Ully

Hi @unadgir. Given that this concern has persisted despite all of the troubleshooting steps we’ve suggested, it would be best to get in touch with our support team. You can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. They can review the device information on the back end, and help you explore your network settings in more depth to narrow down what the problem is.