Ring Doorbell Pro

Hello. I have a Ring doorbell pro that was working perfect for around two months. Suddenly it became offline and the power voltage is poor. The installation was on my home doorbell using the transformer inside the box.

I do not know what happened. The connection is the same as the first day. Can I give the doorbell power without the transformer and only connecting it with a DC adaptor or I have to purchase a new transformer?

Hi @dionthas. It sounds like the transformer may have gone bad if the Doorbell is receiving poor voltage. Would you mind following up with our support team directly for this concern? They’ll be able to take a look at your device and work with you to narrow down what the cause is, that way you know for sure before purchasing any additional equipment. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: