ring doorbell pro

Set up new bell pro yesterday, worked good. tried set up wifes phone as share. all verify texts and mail alerts changed to her account and somehow she became owner. removed both apps from phones and reinstalled on my phone. now bell will not connect it says other owner must release bell. I can not find any way to get other owner. Did hard reset but no good HELP!!! Thanks

Can not find previous owner to remove doorbell pro so I can installit at my address. What can be done to allow new install?

Hi @jackdog! The owner of a device is decided by which account is used to setup the Ring device. Ownership should not change unless a new user attempts a setup on a different account and the authorization to do so is granted. Signing multiple mobile devices in with the same credentials will also allow another person to have owner access.

If your Doorbell is stating it is owned by someone else, please check your email and have the other user check theirs, to see if there is an ownership authorization request. Check out our help center article about the Change of Ownership process, and this one about Shared Users. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Is there an email address that I can send the Proof of Purchase to and the MAC details of the device?

Hi @Jaysonw. Our email support is currently unavailable, so you’ll want to reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. They can help you with this request further. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: