Ring Doorbell Pro Static Noise and No Live View

Hello,

Just today my Ring Doorbell Pro started having a nearly constant static sound. I have seen this issue with other posters in the community but no resolution other than resetting the doorbell and reinstalling. I tried a reset but that didn’t do anything. I completely disconnected, reinstalled, and reconnected to WiFi, and then reconnected to the Chime Pro. The static was there each step except when completely disconnected from doorbell wiring. As soon as the doorbell is reconnected to the doorbell wires, the static sound resumes. The static was also present during the entire setup process even while the installation voice guide was talking. It will periodically stop for about 10 seconds and then resumes quite loudly. Video attached of the sound and then it stopping. It started again about 10 second later.

In addition, sometimes the doorbell will pick up motion and record like normal (all static for sound because it is so loud), but it is not consistent. I cannot, however, get it to connect for Live View. But it will later have a recording of my Live View; I just can’t see it in real time.

I have had no issues with the doorbell until this evening. It was installed in December 2018. I also have two spotlight cameras that do not have the static sound and Live View comes up very quickly. Please advise. Thank you.

Hey @ptf_austin. Thank you for detailing your experience here and that video! Happy to look into this further with you. What does the wiring setup look like for your Doorbell Pro? Do you have the Pro Power Kit installed? What kind of internal chime kit do you have this set up to (model and name of it would be most helpful!)?

Chelsea, I’ve attached a photo of the doorbell chime cover showing it is NuTone Model BK125LWH-1. The Pro Power Pack is attached/installed and is still working correctly. It has also been installed since December 2018. I’ve been in and out a lot today and the static has been constant all day but is quieter than it was yesterday at least. I’m still having issues with Live View but motion detection seems to be working and it records just with a lot of static from the speaker, too. Thanks.

@ptf_austin Thank you for getting back to me and detailing that for me! You definitely have a compatible setup, which makes sense since you have had this setup for quite some time now. If you notice the static comes back or is still a concern, or the Live View doesn’t work like it previously wasn’t, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to followup with me here on what the outcome of that is, I would love to know what solution they provide you! :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, mine produces the same static noise when it is disconnected from the wifi network. Once reconnected again, the noise stops.

I called tech support and did some brief troubleshooting. The doorbell wouldn’t factory reset and sound wouldn’t stop so they ruled it defective. We have the extended warranty through the $10/month Ring support/monitoring program so they sent a new one.

1 Like

My Ring doorbell is not connected to an existing doorbell but we just started getting very loud static sounds coming out of it.

I installed Ring Doorbell Pro for one month. It has the same static noise.