Ring Doorbell Pro Outside Audio Deterioration

For about a month, the audio from my Pro Doorbell has become harder and harder to hear through my phone and home apps. After installation, I could hear someone loud and clear from +15 feet away, talking at a normal tone. Now they need to be next to the Doorbell and yelling for the end-user to hear them. So, to reiterate, this is on multiple devices. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there @fmf8404. Since this is consistent across multiple devices, it could be the microphone on the Doorbell itself. I’d suggest taking a look at the Doorbell to ensure there is no dirt or debris on it that could be impacting the audio. Additionally, you may want to perform a reset by holding down the setup button under the faceplate for 30 seconds. After that’s done, open the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > your Ring > Device Health > Reconnect to Wi-Fi to get your Pro back onto your home wifi network.

Let us know how those steps work for you. If the audio still sounds off, please share with us a video example so we can have a better idea of what it sounds like. When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. If the video is in the Ring App, you can use the share link generated when choosing to share via email.

Thank you @Caitlyn_Ring. I did a reset and reconnected my Doorbell. I also cleaned the mic. The attached video link, while I was 6-7 feet away, registered at 72 decibels right under the Doorbell.
https://ring.com/share/6839803687416638650

Thank you, again.

@fmf8404 I really appreciate you taking the time to test that out and share the video recording for us. The audio definitely does sound quiet and muffled, so there could still be something going on with the Pro’s mic. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look into this and walk through more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what support recommends, as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: