Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
M
Ring Doorbell Pro not connecting to Ring Network
hardwired-video-doorbell
app-settings
troubleshooting
I have a Ring Doorbell Pro, it worked A1 for 4 years until the last Ring application update. I've tried multiple settings in Tips and Tricks. My doorbell is usually connected to the 2.4Ghz network, I changed it to metered on my cell. I powered down my Router for a minute and powered it back, i changed my Network password as a test, One thing I noticed is that when I finally get to the point where the doorbell asks to connect to the Ring network, the network that appears in my available Network is called "Ring-c51238", the application pops up a message "Unable to join the network Ring-4d1675". I've never had issues until now with my Doorbell and I hope we can fix this issue.

17-02-2023 12:19:31

Responses (6)

J
Hi @Martinbou. If you are not able to join your Ring network in order to continue to the next step of [reconnecting](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034825092-How-to-Reconnect-Your-Ring-Video-Doorbell-or-Security-Camera-to-Wifi-or-Change-Your-Wifi-Network) your Doorbell Pro to your wifi, try the following steps: - Reboot your Pro by pressing and holding the setup button on the right side for 20–25 seconds. You will have to remove the faceplate to press this button. - Power cycle your Pro by turning it off for a few minutes and then turning it back on. - Try reconnecting your Pro using a different phone or tablet. Double check that you are logged into the same Ring account as your original phone. - Disable any active VPNs on your phone. We also have this Help Center [page](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/217240386-In-App-Setup-Failing-Repeatedly) with other steps you can try to help with your concern. I hope these steps help!

20-02-2023 04:11:08

M
Hi, Thanks for the help. I've tried everything you mentionned today, it didn't work. I removed the device, I didn't know what else to try. I added the device (using my ipad this time instead of my samsung phone), it asked me to scan the QR, the QR is not on my device anymore, I checked all the documentation in the original box, there's only one QR on the box and I can't scan it. I continued the setup process without the QR, this time it asked to connect to the right ring doorbell network “Ring-c51238”, it said it connected successfully to my home network 2.4Ghz, it asked me to setup the zone etc.. When it was all done it brought me to the dashboard and it still says Front Door is offline??? I restarted my ipad, I restarted the router again, I closed the breaker for about 1min it's not coming back online? The first time I set it up it worked extremely good, I'm an Instrumentation Tech, a network admin and just can't figure it out lol. I've checked all my router settings, nothing has changed, my internet provider is Bell, it's fibreop with a HomeHub 3000, don't know what to try next?

20-02-2023 08:35:08

U
Hello, I'm having a similar problem. My Ring-Pro doorbell keeps dropping off the wi-fi network. This is strange because we've had it installed for years, and nothing like this has happened before. I can get alerts from around the community, but the doorbell is offline. It went offline last week, but it came back online by itself. I don't know what to do now. I'm frustrated!

20-02-2023 10:45:40

J
@Martinbou. The next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406) to further investigate and assist. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support. @user37052. If your Doorbell keeps going offline and reconnecting on its own, try rebooting or power cycling your Pro. We also have this Help Center [article](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023559372-Fixing-Your-Devices-Falling-Offline-Repeatedly-by-Adjusting-Your-Router) with other steps to try for this type of concern. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, contact our support team for further assistance.

22-02-2023 05:15:40

L
I had my Ring Doorbell Pro up and running for about 16 months. Then it disconnected. I tried resetting it and it would not connect to ring device. I'd just get the pulsing white breathing light and not the spinning wheel. Pushing the side button had no effect. I tried everything including resetting everything reseating and polishing all the connections. I worked an hour with their helpline. One thing I did discover on my own was the transformer is AC. I had assumed it was DC, so if you're measuring the voltage and get less than a volt that is why. But ring did send me a new transformer since the camera was out of warranty. Finally I gave up and ordered a RD Pro2. Then within 2 or 3 min I had it hooked up and working. This gives me confidence there was nothing wrong with my home network, wiring, but the device itself that went bad. One thing that I thought of checking was when I changed to the new one it came with a new pro power piece that goes in the mechanical chime. I put the new one in but did not test the new one with the old camera because I just needed something to work. Anyways I hope this one works longer.

27-10-2023 06:20:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User