Ring Doorbell Pro issue: doorbell/chime randomly rings when in LIVE mode speaking through the device

Everything is working great except for one thing. When I click to go live through my Ring Doorbell Pro and click the microphone so I can speak through the device, after about 5-10 seconds the digital in-house chime starts to ring multiple times in a row… I can’t figure it out. Is this a common issue where some setting needs to be changed?

Hi there, @Devin! This should definitely not happen, and is not a feature of the Doorbell Pro. As for settings, there is a in home chime type setting found in the Device Settings for your Doorbell Pro, in the Ring app. Ensuring this option is set to digital chime kit, as you mentioned having, it should work as intended. A Live View triggered from the Ring app should certainly not result in a chime ringing. I recommend checking wiring and that the Pro Power Kit is installed with your chime kit.

As you mentioned this happening when toggling the two way audio, this is likely related to power or app variables. Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app, as well as ensure there is not a vpn enabled. If this concern persists, despite checking the above variables, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am experiencing the exact same behavior with my ring wired doorbell pro. Seems like a bug to me. Whenever I talk live the doorbell starts ringing.
It is wired the same as my original wired pro and it never had this issue.

Hi @hannip. I would double check your Chime Selection in the Ring app. You can find this under Device Settings > General Settings. I would also ensure that you have your Pro Power Kit installed correctly. Let me know if this helps!

Sorry to jump on, realise old thread. I’m having same issue did anyone figure it out?

1 Like

Yes, it is the pro power kit. You have to install it in the doorbell chime box. Connect one side of pro power kit to trans and one to front. Leave alone the existing wires in the chime box

1 Like

P.s. If you had a old power kit in there you need to chang it out with the new one in the box

2 Likes

Hello, just following up and reviving this topic.

Was there any other solution for this? I have a digital chime box (NICOR prcp2) and was told a pro power kit is unnecessary.

Chime selection is set to Digital in RingApp.

1 Like

Exact issue im having. Thinking im going to have to install a transformer since the PRCP2 has 120V to it. Did you find anything to help you so far?

Hi Neighbors. If you are having this concern, theres a few things you’ll need to check. First, make sure that your chime kit is compatible. Next, ensure that you have an adequately powered transformer and that you have the Pro Power Kit installed correctly on your chime kit. Lastly, in the Ring app, make sure that you have the correct chime kit selected in the General Settings menu, under the Device Settings tile. If you are still having issues, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.