Ring doorbell pro is a an expensive waste of money

Having installed the doorbell 3 weeks ago, I have had 3 occasions where a courier has called while i was out, pressed the button and I have duly received an alert on my mobile app.
However, every single time, I unlocked my phone and opened the app - only for it to spend 30+ seconds accessing the live feed… and then crashing, telling me to reconnect.
By which time, the courier has gone back down the drive, got back in their truck and driven off.
So, RING, tell me how useful that is??
A doorbell that is advertised globally with the user actually speaking to the person outside the door with such ease and clarity… whereas the reality is its a supremely expensive doorbell with a camera built in - that can’t be accessed.
Its great as a motion sensing camera for telling me a cat just walked by… but I didnt buy it for that.
I paid the extortionate 230gbp for something the TV advert promised and failed to deliver.
Utterly ridiculous

Hi @Ant333. Try downloading the Rapid Ring app. This is an app that we’ve designed to work specifically for Live View. It load much faster. Also, try testing the Live View with wifi turned off and on, and see which one works better for you! I hope this helps!

Ok, installed the “Ring Rapid” app, and it makes a marginal improvement in opening the doorbell interface.
However, it would appear that unless I’m on a 4g or higher bandwidth on my mobile device, it is still utterly useless in communicating directly with the person that pressed the doorbell.
Yes another attempt and another parcel undelivered.
So, I am no further ahead. Still an over priced doorbell.
The quality of communication with the courier was too broken and choppy for anything to be heard.
Really unhappy with this product.
Compared to the TV advert, youre selling something that does NOT operate as you advertised!!!
Why can’t you fix this? Lower the bandwidth demanded for two way conversation…
Its an over priced doorbell…

Hi @Ant333! Video connection and two way streaming concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. Your Video Doorbell Pro also has the ability to connect to both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz networks, in which I recommend the 2.4 Ghz wifi for best communication.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. If this concern persists despite trying the above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Youre missing the point here…
The WiFi at my home is super fast, but the whole idea of buying this product is to communicate with whoever is outside my door when I’m not home!!!
Fine, when I’m home my mobile device is on the same super fast broadband network… but outside of that, im on 4g via the data on my mobile phone.
If someone rings my doorbell when I’m in the house, ill answer the door in person!!!
Mega overpriced doorbell… you won’t improve it for connection stability.
Does not operate as advertised… Quite simply

Another missed delivery because of this useless ring doorbell… attached is the missed delivery card with comments from the delivery guy!!!

I absolutely agree with Ant333👍. I seem to miss more callers than I can communicate with. Tap the live view. Sometimes, fairly quick but more regularly I’m just watching the app trying to activate. Again my internet connection and speeds are fine and I feel Ring frequently blaming this is a poor excuse ! I can contact may other devices in my home (cameras, smart plugs etc) without problem whilst the Ring device however is still waiting to activate. It’s flakey, unreliable and an expensive disappointment. Wish I’d never bothered.

Would have to agree with the sentiments.
Mine arrived, installed it and was working fine, a week or two later, the signal seems to have magically dropped for the doorbell… so I looked into it, apparently it’s common and conveniently ring have the chime pro to extend the signal to the doorbell and make the chime noise indoor, got it, it done exactly that, great… well so I thought, a month or so later, the chime apparently no longer picks a good signal up from the WiFi router (magically again) despite always having a good signal and no magical metal WiFi blocking wall was installed either, just the signal no longer connected.
Eventually got the chime reconnected and now the doorbell no longer connects to the chime despite the chime being literally 30cm away from it when I’m try to connect the doorbell to the chime pro! The chime says it’s found the device but never connects now.
Honestly save your money, it’s just a massive hassle. I’ve spent hours trying to connect my mums stupid ring doorbell up as well, absolute hassle, rubbish and over priced products that are not reliable.