Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
B
Ring Doorbell Pro Installation dtroubleshoot
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

I’ve been asked to troubleshoot a Ring Doorbell Pro installation. Wired. I’m a skilled technology consultant, but this will be my first time working with the Ring. reported problem was ghost ringing a preexisting mechanical chime. I’ve already looked at this issue here and will ensure solid connections and the correct setting in the app. My client has disconnected the system so it will, effectively, be a new installation for me. They have two Ring doorbells; installed at front and rear doors. Is this configuration compatible? Is there some limit to how many doors can be accommodated? They’ve also purchased the wireless chime from Ring. Is this likely to work better than the original mechanical chime? The installation instructions I’ve found on line are pretty basic. Anyone should be able to get this done correctly. I’m just looking for input on common mistakes or compatibility issues. I’ve completed more complex installations. I’m well experienced with complex installations and apply those professional skills to all I do. Thanks.

23-01-2024 04:00:56

Responses (1)

T

Hi @BergieVail. The first step is to ensure that you have a compatible chime kit. If it is compatible, the you can follow this simple wiring diagram here. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

25-01-2024 04:48:36

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User