Ring Doorbell Pro Haze and Scratches on Camera Glass

I have had my Ring Video Doorbell Pro now for a few years and have noticed that the “quality” of the video has diminished in the last year horribly where the camera is located. There is a sort of haze or miniscule scratches ALL over the plastic where the camera is located. It still detects motion and records it, but I can’t make out any faces or vehicles for that matter. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Hi @milesej05. Have you reached out to our support team about this concern? When it comes to any physical damage or wear from weather like this, our support team can take a look at the warranty on your Ring Doorbell Pro and determine what the best solution is. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

@milesej05 Just to double check when you installed it you peeled off all the protective plastics from the device? I have seen a few similar posts before and I think on one or two the user hadn’t peeled off the plastics.

1 Like

@Caitlyn_Ring Yes, I tried calling but was on hold for too long so I did the live chat. Thad said that since I didn’t have the Ring Pro Protect Plan for the life of the Pro Doorbell that my “unlimited” warranty was voided after the 1 year manufacture warranty, which is garbage. He offered me a code for a discounted doorbell but the Pro 2 and the Elite have the same design so they are going to have these issues as well. Having to upgrade a $250 dollar doorbell after 4 years is the stupidest concept ever.

@bemak187 Yes, protective film was removed as soon as the doorbell camera was installed.

1 Like

I have same issue on ring doorbell elite
Blurry picture. Dont know what to do??

Hi @user53960. As mentioned in the solution, reach out to our support team for further assistance regarding this concern.

Same issue here. The door bell got a lot of scratches. I believe weather related cause i have no kids living around. And when i called. They siad it was out of warranty. Of course thw warranty is only a year because the products are such bad quality that they cant warranty them for more. They offered me a discount code, so that I buy a new product, why would I get another faulty poorly made device ???

VERY DISSATISFIED AND DISSAPOINTED.