Ring doorbell pro goes offline when the doorbell button is pressed

We have an older ring video doorbell pro (1st or second generation?) It has worked great all these years. It has a signal of RSSI- 59. We get motion alerts and it records when someone enters the porch, but if they physically ring the doorbell it disconnects from the internet every time. We then go out to the breaker box and shut off power for 30 seconds and it comes back online and works until someone rings the doorbell again!! What do you suspect the problem is and is it fixable?

Hi @dug4jewel. It’s difficult to determine why this happens. I suggest reaching out to our support team so they can run some diagnostic tests to figure out if this is a fixable issue. If you have the Ring Protect Plan, you may qualify for a replacement. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have this exact same issue - did you ever get a resolution?

Hi @medders. I’d recommend getting in touch with our support team for this concern, so they can take a look at things on the back end to determine why the connection is dropping only when someone rings the Doorbell. We’re only able to assist with general troubleshooting tips and tricks here on the Community, but our support team can take a deeper dive.

I have this issue too and it’s been doing this for over a year. I contacted support previously and they were not able to help. Seems to me that there’s a short that occurs whenever the button is pressed. I’ve connected the doorbell properly. I’ve reconnected it making sure that there’s no loose wires. How about getting a discount on a new doorbell? This to me seems like the best way to keep your customers. Otherwise I’ll be happy to replace it with a competitors product.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.