Ring Doorbell pro goes offline after a few hours evey day

Hi

Would be grateful for any assistance regarding the query below.

I have had a hardwired ring pro doorbell for nearly 3 months, was working fine for a month but since then, it goes offline everyday in the afternoon from 15.00 onwards and will not go online again until early the next day.

The voltage is always over 4000 mV, firmware is upto date.

I have been onto the helpdesk and they have sent me a transformer as this is what they believe the problem to be. I have not yet tried this as yet as not sure how this would solve the problem as it works until late afternoon.

Does any one have any suggestions as to why the doorbell goes offline everyday after 15.00 hours.

Have never any problems with the chime going offline.

Many thanks in advance

Kets

Hi @kets. Have you tried rebooting your router? If not, this would be a good next step to try to ensure that there are no concerns with your network that could be causing the disconnect. If this continues to happen after rebooting your router, you may need to contact your internet service provider to make sure all of the necessary ports and protocols are opened for Ring devices.

If that doesn’t resolve the concern, you should follow up with our support team directly so they can take a deeper look at your device. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hello Caitlyn

Thank you for your response.

I would have thought that if its working for the first few hours every day, the necessary ports and protocols are compatible.

All our other devices (mobiles, playstation, laptops etc) are all connected fine and fully working when the doorbell pro goes offline.

Just don’t understand why its just the doorbell that goes offline when its been working fine for several hours every day , the chime never loses connection.

Thanks

Kets

I have a similar problem where my ring pro doorbell goes offline - typically after someone uses it as a doorbell. I have to do the ‘take off cover and reset using side button’ procedure 1x per week at a minimum. Then the doorbell works fine after the reset - health status after reset reads fine without any warnings or alerts. Eventually i’ll check it or someone will try to use the doorbell and it’s offline - so we start over again with the reset process.

would love some insight into what the issue could be or some item to check

i have a different ring camera that doesn’t have any issues with staying online or needing to be reset.

1 Like

Same problem, just started a week ago. No changes had been made to a system that had worked for 2 years up until that point.

I’m currently having the same problem. Resetting at least once every two days. This product is brand new. R3.