Ring doorbell pro disconnects during the day

Ring doorbell pro stops working - no lights, no activation - from around 10:30 a.m. until around 11:00 p.m. , and starts working normally without any manual intervention. This started about a week ago. We have had hot weather during this time but doorbell is not in direct sunlight.

Hey @Cj10. Do you notice any internet maintenance on your router during this time? Your ISP can verify this for you, as this may be why the device is falling offline during this time. In addition, if this happens again at the same time, please verify power is still being supplied appropriately from the transformer during this time frame.

There has been no internet maintenance or router issues going on. I have 8 other devices attached to the router with no problems occurring. I now believe the doorbell problems might be temperature related. The problems started when our temperatures reached above 95 and as high as 105. It quit working during the most intense heat times and came back on after the temp went down after dark. I believe this to be true because we had a really cool day yesterday and the doorbell worked perfectly all day. It is still functioning the morning. Is this a known problem? If so, is there a fix? If no, then I’m not sure I will invest in a replacement only to have the same thing happen again.

@Cj10 Great thinking! This may be exactly it, as the operating temperatures for the Doorbell Pro are -5° F to 120° F (-20.5°C to 48.5°C). If the Doorbell is getting hotter than 120° F, it could be disconnecting and shutting down. Our support team gets readings of the temperature of your device, so it would be best to reach out to them to verify this. For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Was there any resolution for this? I would like to know before I open the new Floodlightcam that I just purchased. A doorbell that can’t be outside seems like an issue in design.

I also have a Ring pro that recently has started going offline during the day if it is sunny outside. The issue has only started about a week and a half ago but it is every sunny day now it seems.

Do I need to look for another product?

I did not receive a resolution to this problem. Other information that I saw on other posts was that it could be a problem with the internal battery. However, I did not receive any information whether the battery could be maintained or replaced by the end user. I left mine in place, and it works normally except for hot days. Since they haven’t supported the product, I will be replacing it with something else at some point, but haven’t made a decision as to what yet.