Ring Doorbell Pro Crapped Out

Purchased the Ring Doorbell Pro less than 2yrs ago…The first one was DOA out of the box…In the companys defense they did send out a replacement…The replacement doorbell did work over the last 2 yrs with minor glitches here and there…However As of a few days ago the doorbell totally stopped working…The doorbell is totally dead…There were no power outages at any point,no water damage as it resides under a overhang,and no physical damage at all…Just quit all together and will not power up at all…I verified the doorbell wiring was still live,and also hooked up another cheap doorbell to verify…I have to say that if my memory is correct,I paid around $200 for this doorbell along with the cloud subscription…You would like to think a $200 doorbell would last more than 2yrs…From what Rings warranty says is it only covers up to a year after purchase.For a $200 doorbell a 1 yr warranty doesnt say much about their confidence in their product…I guess Im stuck for $200…However I will never pirchase another Ring product again…Pure junk…

Mine did the same thing working fineone day and the next dead. I to checked the wires for power that was good but the ring was dark even when I tried to reset it, unhooked power and hooked back up so I also have a $ 200.00 paperweight plus a $50.00 chime

I also bought the chime…Forgot about that…Im going to be sure to flood social media with my experience with this product…Im extremely disappointed…

@Mitsumark did you reach out to support again? If you give us a call at 800-656-1918 a team member can take a look at your account and see what is going on. I am confident that we can get you up and running again!

Just wanted to post back and say that Ring took care of my issue…I have to say that I was upset after my doorbell stopped working and didnt expect Ring to address the issue…Turns out their customer service team were very helpful and got my doorbell taken care of…

1 Like

New Years Greetings! We have experienced the very same thing with our Ring Doorbell Pro. Installed in June 2017 and stopped functioning in Nov 2019. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the Customer Service Line; Michael was very helpful in re-tracing my steps and concluded that our Ring Doorbell Pro was deceased with no option other than “buying new”. We tried all the tricks that are out there on the web (a big thank you to the contributors!). We HOPE that the RING TEAM will take this very unsatisfying product to a re-design that has a product life of Greater Than 2-ish years. Basically we are budgeting $10.00/month for a doorbell. Seems unsustainable. We loved it while it worked; we are now doing a market search to see what other products are out there.