Ring Doorbell Pro constantly going offline but actually connected to Internet

Recently (about three days ago), my hard-wired Ring Doorbell Pro constantly goes offline.

However, from my router, I can see the Doorbell has very good connection. It is assigned an IP address, and I can ping it. Also, all my other Ring Stick-up Cameras, which connect to the same Wifi, are online.

What’s more mysterious is that the Doorbell can continue to detect motion and respond to the button. And once it has detected motion or being pressed, it goes back online again. But, it goes offline after a few minutes.

Is there a bug in Ring’s server side that determines whether a device is online or not? Or is there a bug in the latest firmware?

Thank you for sharing this experience with the Community, @user12! Whenever your device is not remaining connected, or is showing offline, the best first step is to check your wifi signal strength or RSSI. A device that is reporting offline or poor signal strength, and unable to connect to live view, might be too far from the router.

Here are some other important things to consider:

• Verify if motion events allow live video to connect.
  • Try out the Rapid Ring app to test live view.
  • Ensure your internet speeds are sufficient to provide not only Ring devices, but all of your devices with enough network resources.

Feel free to confirm if other Ring devices are working as intended, or if a specific Ring device is having this concern. In the meantime, I will certainly pass this feedback along to our teams here for further investigation! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue. Just started happening in the last week or so.

Previously the device did not have any issues.

When was the latest firmware pushed out?

1 Like

Hi there, neighbors! We had our team look into this matter and any concerns related to a device showing offline when it is not, should be resolved. Please press the setup button on your Ring device to enter setup mode, then press it again to exit setup mode. This will allow it to reconnect and establish the connected status in your Ring app as intended, if it is not already. Alternatively, you can also follow the steps in this Help Center article to reconnect your Ring devices. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I am facing the same issue recently. Before the Ring Doorbell Pro had no issue. But now after reset, it is hard to connect to Ring Doorbell Pro’s wifi. Luckily when it connects and follows the setup for internet (Strong Wifi RSSI-28), it connects and after few minutes of firmware update it goes to “Offline” and doesn’t connect back.

1 Like

I experienced this exact issue (doorbell is connected to wifi but keeps going offline). Automatically reconnects when motion is detected, but otherwise goes offline and indicates it’s not connected to wifi.

Solve - i updated the app and the issue was corrected.

Hope this can help others.

2 Likes

I get it going offline when the WiFI signal has issues but why does it not just reconnect when the WiFi becomes available like every other device? I now have to have two door bells in case the Ring goes off line. It’s happened a few times and we’ve had failed deliveries despite being home! Time for a better doorbell I think!

1 Like

Same issue with ring doorbell pro 3 battery operated yet no app update available to use this troubleshooting. Changed WiFi frequency, same issue of constant disconnecting and having to remove faceplate, remove and reinsert battery then it works and then goes offline anywhere between 5 minutes and a few hours. Very frustrating given having to travel and feeling unsecured while away. Need answer

1 Like

Same thing with my Doorbell 3 pro. Says 96% charged and then last week random and frequent disconnects. It hasn’t stopped, the only fix is to remove the battery and reinstall. THIS NEEDS RESOLVED!!

1 Like

Hey neighbors. It sounds like you may be referring to the Video Doorbell 3, as there is no Video Doorbell Pro 3. If your Doorbell is frequently disconnecting from wifi, please try checking through the information and troubleshooting steps below.

• Ensure your Ring Doorbell is within 20 to 25 feet from your wifi router, as farther distances can impact the wifi signal. A Chime Pro can help extend your wifi network if there is a large distance between your Doorbell and router.
  • Check the RSSI for your Ring Doorbell to see if it’s indicating a stable wifi connection or if there may be a weak connection in place.
  • Review the settings on your wifi network to see if there were any recent changes, and to make sure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open.
  • Reset your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 30 seconds, then set it back up using the steps under Set Up a Device. Before doing this, make sure to download any videos you want to keep. Monitor the Doorbell’s connection after.

Should this concern persist, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look at what may be causing this behavior. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Same thing here! Both Video doorbells stopped connecting to wifi thats RIGHT INSIDE THE DOOR ABOUT 20 FEET! there are other stick up cams much further than these two. Theres something wrong in the latest firmware updat as per usual with Ring. They are sending an uodated model for one ofnthe two Video Doorbell 3s but I am really tired of the level of MAINTENANCE thwse devices require on thencunsumers part. The point of security system and its devices is to be able to rely on them and at this point they appear to be a waste of money. Cant detect a person right in front of it dropping off a package, but can see a person approaching to ring the bell whenever it feels like it. System is overall very unreliable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.