Ring doorbell pro blue light at top half of circle

Over weekend my ring pro doorbell which has been online for a long time crapped out and said no WiFi or so the white blinking pattern suggests. It has not in the past ever had this issue and it was very strange. I had to unhook it remove power and wait for it to bleed out the capacitor/battery which took 10 seconds or so. I re wired it to the low voltage and hit the button on the side and reconnected to WiFi. It has been working since but the top half is blinking blue on button ever since. It has been doing this for several days. My guess is the battery or capacitor that usually chargers after setup is defective.

Anyone have insight into this as if the doorbell has broken I’m not going to be happy as devices like this have to last longer than what I have gotten out of this doorbell.

Hi @faulkkev. A blue blinking light that progresses clockwise is an indication that your Ring Pro is charging. This shouldn’t take more that 8 hours, at most. If this is happening longer that 8 hours, it might benefit you to contact our support team. They will be able to run some diagnostics and determine what might be going on.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.