Ring Doorbell Pro 3 keeps going offline in the afternoons

I have a Ring DoorBell Pro 3 installed at my home and in the last few days, whenever the external temperature goes warmer (18 degrees celcius or above), the device goes offline but comes back on its own later in the evening or night when it is cooler.

The device is plugged in to a transformer and there seems to be no issues with power supply and my home WIFI is fine. The other 3 Ring devices connected to the WIFI are working fine.

It seems to go offline around 2pm in the afternnon and then comes back on its own around 10pm.

Hi @GJPrasad. Could you please reach out to our support team the next time the device is offline? They can look into this further to see if the device is getting too hot and falling offline during this time, or what else could be causing this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know what they are able to find out for you, as I’m very curious!