Ring doorbell ownership transfer

I have today purchased a ring doorbell.
I brought it from a charity shop so have no way to contact the old owner about removing the device from their account.

I rang customer services which were as much use as a chocolate tea pot saying nothing we can do contact the shop.
It’s a charity shop so they are not going to know who donated it. Any ideas how I can proceed or is this doorbell fit for the bin?

Hi @Ashw20. You can read more about device ownership of Ring devices in our Help Center Article here. Since the Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, we can’t help with ownership question such as this one. I’d recommend following up with our support team and letting them know you have no way of contacting the original owner. They’ll know what options are available moving forward.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I tried the nz number but it doesnt exist!

Hi @Foxynz. Can you clarify which number specifically that you called, as well as let me know what message you received when you tried to call it? You can also call the worldwide number at +1 310 929 7085, which may work better for you. :slight_smile: