Ring Doorbell Original v2 running from mains adapter in UK

Hello, I have just fitted the all-new Ring Video Doorbell (| 1080p HD video, Advanced Motion Detection, and easy installation (2nd Gen)) to my father’s front door. It is working well but he would like it run off and adapter to avoid the hassle of removing it periodically to charge the internal battery. I’ve seen generic plug in adapters on Amazon, this being an ‘Amazon’s Choice’ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformer-Compatible-Versions-Thermostat-Honeywell/dp/B07P4N3H1F/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

My question is do I need the 50w 25ohm resistor if I go for this set up. I think I do but there seems to be conflicting advice out there. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Regards Steve (in the UK)

Hi @Wilss. When hardwiring a Video Doorbell 2nd Generation directly to a low-voltage transformer, a resistor is not required and should not be used. The transformer just needs to fit these power requirements to be compatible: 8-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz. I hope this helps clear things up for you. :slight_smile: