Ring doorbell not charging

I can also confirm that with recent update the doorbell is not charging, I’m in Louisiana. Please fix this problem.

2 Likes

Also confirming that my ring doorbell has suddenly drained power to 3% even though it’s connected to the mains. I’ve not touched it in months so why all of sudden has it stopped charging the battery?

From the UK

2 Likes

Same problem in California.

1 Like

What size were the washers. I want to try this as mine has stopped charging

1 Like

I dont believe the washers do anything at at all. I tried them and it did not make a change. Mine suddenly and magically started to charge again and it is at 100% but I have trouble with the strength of signal which is a pain as well. I think this company is just making everything a pain including the double security or whatever they call it. Just another annoyance that is not necessary.

1 Like

This should be ringing bells in Ring. Loads of people having charging issues. I had problems early on in the ‘battery crisis’ and now they changed tack with asking people to change detection frequency. At the moment there is no clear fix in sight. Really I am sure that they can tell with running a report on people charging levels so they will know. I ran for weeks on a battery when I first had ring and reccomended them to a few people. Only that its a reletive expensive investment that I have not binned the bell. I hope they have a shake up soon and fix this but the project team seem to be creating new functions and not maintaining the business. Cold or warm outide temperatures I am not getting more than 4 days running.

1 Like

The problem definitely isn’t fixed and isn’t weather related, we’re in Georgia.

2 Likes

I’ve just installed my unit a few days ago and was troubleshooting these past few days. Frustrated that it won’t charge and came across this thread. This is definitely a firmware issue. It’s ridiculous that I have to take this unit off to charge which defeats the whole point of hard wiring it. I wish there was a way to push old or custom firmware for these devices since the RING development team wont.

2 Likes

I dont know if they upgraded my firmware or what but my unit started to recharge about 3 or 4 weeks ago and that part has been working perfect since. Now I cannot get good wifi which I had before. I have the chime pro and that seemed to fix my original problem a few months ago that coincided with the non charging unit, so I dont know what the heck is going on with this company, but if asked I would NOT recommend any of their products to anyone.

2 Likes

I have had exactly the same problem at exactly the same time. This is such an annoying issue because my battery had a good charge for months, after the firmware update it was only lasting around one week! I have now hardwired it and still it’s loosing battery power. RING PLEASE SORT THIS OUT. For all of us, unacceptable.

3 Likes

Noticed mine isn’t charging now either

I was having issues about 3 to 4 weeks ago with signal even though my ring is 6 ft from router and it always passes all health checks. Got a replacement unit and it never did go to hardwired. Wish I had kept my other one even if it scared people with static noises. Long chat with support twice now, they are saying my power source wasn’t good even though it fits all requirements. Bought official ring power adapter, does not work on this replacement unit. Works on my ring doorbell 1. Either I got a dud or there was something pushed out that broke things a few weeks ago . Hopefully I can get a hold of someone tomorrow during the day, support is a nightmare now.

I have a ring alarm waiting to install and I really don’t think I’m going to stick with the ring ecosystem now… Thinking of selling and returning it all… So sad, I’ve been a customer for a long time now…

I m having the same issue, and now it doesnt even show its hardwired, battery only.

1 Like

I have two rings. My front door ring suddenly stoped hardwire charging. Called customer service but unfortunately no help. I think I am going to buy Nest doorbell. Most my devices at home are Nest.

1 Like

I had been having the same problem since early in the year. Finally talked to support but not RING but Amazon support. Very nicely they provided new unit to see if it was a unit defect and guess what–it works now. Battery charging and original door bell ringing.

Do you have pictures? I am not visualizing it

Tried the washer trick - it didn’t fix my problem. My transformer output is 13.8 volts with the doorbell unmounted. As soon as I mount the door bell it drops to 1.5 volts. It used to show hardwired off and on, now it just works on battery. Firmware just says up to date, I wish they would actually list the version for reference.

1 Like

I too am having this problem, can I ask have any of you installed a resistor, 25 ohm 50 watt wirewound resistor is needed I think. But I have not tryed this yet

1 Like

Hi JGDME,

I’d like to clearly understand what you’re saying:

At what point are you holding the voltmeter leads which are measuring the voltage that drops to 1.5 volts? The transformer output terminals? Or elsewhere? If so, it sounds like whatever gets connected to them when you “mount the doorbell” is loading the transformer voltage down. That shouldn’t be.