Ring doorbell not charging just full flashing blue light

Got email to say doorbell needs charging, plugged it in, just has a full blue flashing circle, and on app says needs charging ???

Hey @Eliacelina! The blue circle LED flashing is an indicator that the Doorbell is charging. Please allow for a few hours to charge. If the app is not updating the battery level, try triggering an event (motion/ring) as this might help to update the battery status. Let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have a V2 ring doorbell. I had to charge it for the first time plugged it in to the usb on the back it came up with a flashing full blue circle. I contacted customer services who advised after resetting the device and reconnecting that I return the item ?

Sounds like the same thing now waiting on a delivery of the replacement that won’t arrive for 2 weeks ?

1 Like

I’m not sure this answer tells the full story. I have charged my 2nd gen doorbell several times during its first few months and it always shows the level of charge via the proportion of the ring that is flashing. However, today the app reports a charge level of 45% but when I plugged it in the entire ring was flashing fast. I left it charging for about ten minutes at which point it changed to only flashing about half of the ring. As it is much colder today than previously I assume that it was too cold to charge until it had warmed up and the 100% flash indicates failure to charge. I also assume that if this 100% flash persists it means the battery cannot be charged and need repalcing. Is any of this correct?

2 Likes

Hi neighbors. After fully charging the battery, try triggering a test event in the Ring App by pressing the button and then checking the Device Health page to ensure the battery percentage has updated properly. You can also try reconnecting your device following these steps. If you’re continuing to experience problems with the battery life on your Doorbell, it would be best for you to follow up with our support team directly so they can take a closer look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please go here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Could be cold battery. Mine did that full ring flash briefly the first time I brought it in to charge once it got cold. The temp outside was 43 F and full ring flashed for about 5 minutes then it started doing its normal “charging flash”

6 Likes

Mine did this also, I can confirm though that after 5 mins of being indoors the battery then began to charge, I believe cold battery to be the issue :+1:

3 Likes

Hello all! Had the same issue but in very hot weather in Mexico! had to wait a few minutes at indoor temperature for my Ring device to charge properly. Thanks!

2 Likes

I had this issue today but noticed it only occurs if I connect the door bell to charge on something else. IE a computer, a batter block charger. If I plugged it directly into an extension lead USB socket it charged fine and started flashing a percentage in blue to show progress.

I would advise to try swap how you are charging it if it flashes when plugging it into your computer try plugging it into a socket or extension lead USB socket.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.