Key by Amazon

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Amazon Key, package delivery options, and more.
C
Ring doorbell not activating with Amazon Deliveries
troubleshooting
This sounds weird but I get a lot of Amazon deliveries including grocery delivery. More than once they will bring items to my doorstep and the ring never turns on or records. After they leave I will go on the porch to get my groceries and immediately the ring activates. This is happened more than once so now I’m starting to think that possibly Amazon delivery drivers have some sort of jammer so they are not recorded by ring doorbell‘s. There’s a thread on Reddit with some people saying the same thing but I wanted to come to the Ring community and find out if anyone has had a similar situation. It has never happened with USPS or any other people coming to the door

10-07-2020 04:12:25

Responses (78)

C
Hello @Ceelee. I recommend revisiting your Motion Settings to see if this can help out this concern that you have! For example, you can try changing your Motion Frequency to Frequent so that you can ensure all motion events are captured. [This Community article](https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/How-it-Works-Video-Doorbell-1st-generation-and-Video-Doorbell-2/ba-p/21909) has a lot of helpful information and tips for optimizing your Motion Settings to help you get the best motion detection for your device's particular location. If this continues to happen and you still have this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406).

10-07-2020 10:25:50

C
I understand what you are saying. My ring is so sensitive a fly can set it off. I promise there is some weird jamming going on with certain Amazon deliveries? Whether it is something the person is holding because they don’t like to be on camera ??? I have no idea but it is in fact happening. There’s no way to set groceries on my porch Without the Ring recording. And just to clarify there is no motion prior to when they dropped it off that could’ve been tying up the ring. They have some thing on them that is stopping the camera from filming

10-07-2020 11:00:20

B
I am wondering the same thing- my mailman and amazon deliveries have not been setting off my Ring Doorbell lately, though they used to. It is not a setting, because I haven't changed any settings (I did today to try to figure it out). Please let me know how to fix this.

11-07-2020 08:12:43

M
I noticed this issue with Amazon deliveries not being detected by the Ring Doorbell2 about two weeks ago. I contacted Amazon to complain. Motion for my mailman is detected but not the deliveries from Amazon. Amazon or the divers are using sometime to disable the motion.

01-08-2020 06:37:32

M
Hi neighbors! Have we tried reaching out to our support team? If not, I recommend doing so for in depth and isolated troubleshooting on your concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support.

03-08-2020 10:46:05

C
Been hearing from many ring users the same . So when the criminals get their hands on whatever devices they use our Ring cameras are worthless?

03-08-2020 10:56:12

J
I wonder the same thing.. this also happened to my Amazon deliveries lately. I got noticed the package was delivered but no Ring alert.

08-08-2020 07:27:02

S
I noticed the same thing. The delivery van wasn’t picked up, the delivery person walked right by it twice and nothing. I noticed in the reflection of my tv screen and when I walked out to pick up the package it went off just fine. I checked to make sure and it was online, the motion sensitivity should most definitely work when you’re walking directly past it. Something is up. This is the third time I’ve noticed and it’s only Amazon. Just doesn’t make any sense.

22-08-2020 05:13:40

S
Has there been any update to this? I'm experiencing the same thing no detection on Amazon deliveries

31-08-2020 09:15:22

T
It is interesting that every response from Ring is acting as though this phenomena does not exist. Sounds like it time to go to another service and get the word out that Riing must be endorsing or benefiting off of this practice by Amazon and UPS. Their responses actually are even more offensive because it acts like we are making this up...Adjust motion settings?? really

04-09-2020 11:23:47

D
Agreed!:heart:

24-11-2020 09:23:23

G
You might want to check out thread re: missed fedex deliveries for more detailed discussion.

04-09-2020 12:24:05

C
Thank you

06-09-2020 04:53:17

G
I have the same problem. There are times when delivery is made and Ring stops working. You just can't reach the camera stream for many minutes after that. The RSI value tanks, which it never does other wise. I even have a WIFI range extender installed and the WIFI signal is solid on my phone standing next to it. I am 100% convinced there is a device out there that trips/disables/overwhelms the ring doorbell camera so that it stops recording video. Interestingly, if you have snapshots enabled, the camera will take snap shots, just not the video.

25-11-2020 06:53:42

D
I has the same problem, today I received a package from Amazon and I wasn’t able to find the record of the moment that the Amazon driver left the package, but each time that my neighbor passed in front mi apartment it get recorded. I going to instal my old camera system that is wired.

05-09-2020 11:48:30

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User