Ring Doorbell no Working when Button Pressed

We have 4 devices - 3 cameras & 1 mains powered doorbell.

More often than not the doorbell works but quite often, it doesn’t! Today, a delivery from Amazon, pressed the button but we didn’t know! Fortunately he rang me and I was able to collect the delivery from him.

While I was accepting the parcel, I pressed the doorbell and it didn’t work! I checked the history and it stated we’d missed a call and the video of the Amazon delivery was there.

The doorbell should have been heard on two mobile phones - both phones are connected to our local WiFi.

Anyone know why?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi there, @stitch-up! I recommend checking these events to see if they came in as motion events. If a motion was detected before the button was pushed, it’s possible the device was recording and communicating the event already by the time the button was pressed.

Please also ensure the ring alerts toggle is enabled in the RIng app. If this concern persists despite trying the above steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.