Ring Doorbell no longer displays LIVE view

Strangely, Live View does not work on my Android phone or my wife’s iPhone. However, it does work on the Windows Ring app on my Win 10 PC (albeit, it takes its time to show any video). So that does point to app issues …

1 Like

I solved this problem by selecting the device, then going into device settings, then to video settings, and turning off “live video” for a few minutes, then turning it back on.

Still not working after 3 hours on phone with advanced Ring tech.

2 Likes

It worked yesterday for the first day in months and I thought OK fixed…not so, today it’s back to not working. Door bell and motion work fine, everything works except I can’t open live view. It spins blue until it times out. Then I saw in Device Health their was a system wide issue with live view March, 11, 2021 they say they fixed. Is that why it worked yesterday? They were fixing it? Well the fix didn’t last if that was it, not working again. No idea where to go from here. Tried every troubleshooting Ring had to offer, had my internet provider Comcast out to see if it’s on their end, live with it until I can replace it with another brand is the only option left as far as I can see.

1 Like

I realize this is days after this entry, yet I am experiencing the same issue with my wired Ring Doorbell Pro. I even extended the Wi-Fi signal, which is excellent as is my RSSI. I had Live View for a few days After installing the Wi-Fi extender, but now I cannot even see events in my history. I do, however, get the snapshots, but no history images or video can be accessed any longer. I have followed every step outlined in troubleshooting multiple times including resetting the device; removing the app and resetting my phone before reinstalling the app; and searching all over the web for solutions. I am afraid I have a very expensive doorbell but nothing else. Like many others, I am wondering why I invested hundreds of dollars in this device.

1 Like

Ok, this is a joke now, like a lot of you I have tried every trick in the book (reset, turned different settings on and off, bought WiFi extenders) are Ring genuinely aware of this issue? it looks like it has been going on for years, the whole reason for buying the Ring was so that I can advise delivery drivers etc when im not in and its pretty much useless now!!!

2 Likes

My bandaid fix was to uninstall 3.37 (android) then install the previous version. What’s weird is that I have 3.37 installed on my Fire HD8 and that works flawlessly. Note, the device I’m having an issue with is a oneplus 8 running A11. My wife also on a oneplus but the 6t is also having the issue. She’s running A10.

Workaround Fix… install the Rapid Ring app for use with doorbell and cameras. Ring knows their app is the problem.
Same problem here. I’ve spent HOURS with tech support following the same steps of resetting my Ring WiFi, resetting my router, uninstalling my Ring app, and they even sent me a replacement doorbell that had the same problem after setup. Neither my or my wife’s phone will connect via Live View. The advanced tech support rep finally admitted their app is the problem. He had me download the Rapid Ring app and it works! Now I have to use two apps to have the same features I had before, but at least it works.

2 Likes

Live ring view does not work. I installed Ring Rapid apk and it works there. I consider it a bug due to the incompetence of the manufacturer at the launch of the last update.I have to buy another bell from another manufacturer. I sent an email to the Ring and they didn’t even reply. Paid subscription, missing services. That’s what I call disrespect for customers.

3 Likes

Same problem. What happens Ring team? Do you gone fix, or we need to change from Ring?

1 Like

Excellent!!! It works!!!. Ring team, replace the View on the Ring app, with the Rapid Ring view app!!!

It’s an app issue for sure and seems to have shown up at least for me on iOS over the last month. I installed the new Ring Pro 2 the other day and noticed it more as I have been messing about with settings etc. Basically about half the time no live view, says couldn’t connect and to try again. Also the snapshot preview on the dashboard isn’t updating. I also have good WiFi signal and no issues with notifications or viewing live view via my Fire TV which makes me suspect even more that it’s the Ring App.

1 Like

New customer here with two stickup cams. I have been having the same issues with live view since purchase 30 days ago. Everyday one or both cams no longer has live view yet motion detection and cloud uploads are functioning.
This tells me it’s not a “weak network signal” and it simply a device or software code problem. I use both the Windows 10 Ring App and the Android Ring App. Both apps stop being able to receive live feeds at random points everyday.
I use an Orbi Mesh network that has 37 other wireless devices online at any given time and NONE of them are offline when the Ring Live View stops functioning.
After reading through nearly all of the months of post here this sounds like a Ring problem to be solved not a user level issue.
I will try the Rapid Ring app to see if that works as a workaround to Ring’s obviously faulty apps.

1 Like

Same issue here. This is 100% a Ring issue. My wifi and power are strong and 100% . Please fix soon. There are enough reported security concerns with Ring to justify switching and this may be the tipping point. I would expect Ring to be responding promptly to this thread.

2 Likes

Just writing this here although the issue isn’t that Live View no longer displays, it never has. I had my Ring Doorbell delivered this morning, it’s all set up, the doorbell is working, the chime is working, motion is working.

Live view just will not work, checked signal and it’s anything between -44 and -56 the router is approximately 10 feet from the door.

So I thought I’d use my chime as an extender even though it closes the gap by no more than 2 5 metres…I go to change WiFI and get a message saying ’ Your Ring Doorbell has excellent connection to your WiFi are you sure you want to change this’ and no I’m not. The RSSI on the Chime is exactly the same as the router.

Bearing in mind I still have the right to return this, what do I do to get it working as Live View is a major part of the user experience.

You also keep a nice orange banner at the bottom of the app reminding me to upgrade to storage…and I will…when the doorbell works the way it’s meant to without having a computer science degree to change the router settings.

1 Like

Same issue with Live. No resolution.

1 Like

Mine (Video Doorbell Pro) appears to have gone off-line on March 23rd, no video after that & nothing changed with regards to my internet or WiFi. I have tried ALL of the suggestions & even the “Rapid Ring” app doesn’t resolve anything. I am very frustrated as I just spent a fair amount of money installing the entire Ring security system to replace an aging security system in my home! RING NEEDS TO RESOLVE THIS!!!

1 Like

HOLY HANNAH am I glad I found this thread. My Video Doorbell Pro ALSO went offline on March 23rd. I cannot get it to come back online. It will connect to WiFi without issue and attempts to download an update. It appears to finish, but still, no live view or any videos uploaded to the website (you know, where I pay for stuff to get stored?). This is the THIRD time this has happened on my Video Pro and I’ve only had it just about a year.

What gives, Ring?

Hi neighbors. If you are experiencing issues with Live View, try reviewing the marked solution for the topic. If the suggestions in that post do not offer a resolution, try reaching out to our support team for the next best steps

. :slightly_smiling_face:

My live view of ring door bell 2 was working for a month after 4/15/2021 installation. When Ring notified me the trial is expire after a month I don’t want to subscribe as I was told I could see live view without subscriptions. Right after 5/15/2021 expiration date my live view is no longer working!!! Please tell me what is going on with this product! I want to take off the device and return to Costco since the product is unreliable!!! Hope someone shed light to this problem! Thank you.