Ring doorbell keeps showing offline

Doorbell showing offline but when clicking on notifications i can view live perfectly, just keeps telling me it is offline while the at the homepage wanting to use live without a notification everything else is working fine. It did start working on its own but now has started telling me that it is offline again

Although you are able to live view and receive notifications, check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device.

For further troubleshooting assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.:slight_smile:

What model do you have? I recently started experiencing the same thing except everytime there is motion, it comes back online during the 50 seconds of motion recording, then goes back offline. I wrote an extensive description about the issue earlier today but @Marley_Ring hasn’t responded (yet has responded to every other post) likely because I’ve already confirmed my RSSI and Power are good.

DSMdude: This is exactly what’s happening with me, too. It’s been working fine for years, nothing has changed, every thing is fine, including RSSI and power.
Then it disconnected at 4:30 today.
And like you, it will reconnect if there is motion or I ring the bell, then go back off line shortly afterwards. Very odd.

I have the same issue, exactly. My RSSI is fine. No VPN involved.

Yes, identical experience with my Pro 2. It’s gone offline before but that was due to a weak wifi signal or my repeater was acting up to which it would come back online on its own. Not this time however.

My ring doorbell has worked great for over a year–I got it around the holidays in 2020. However, in the last few weeks it is continuously going offline. Nothing has changed as far as its placement or with my wifi connection. It just randomly goes out. And when I try to connect it, it is a continuous battle because the thing you connect to when the white circle light is spinning through bluetooth will never connect. I keep getting error messages. If I tinker and tinker I can finally get it to connect but I just did that now for example and 2 hours later it is offline again. Also, my xfinity is showing that it is still connected!?! Help. I love the doorbell and need it but I am not a tech wizard and don’t know how to fix.

Hi @briangood11. What model Doorbell do you have? Is it hardwired? It could be falling offline due to an underpowered transformer. I would also reboot your internet router to ensure your Doorbell is getting a strong connection. What is the RSSI for your Doorbell? This can be found in the device health section of the Ring app.